Fall Colors and Apple Cider Pressing!
A New Tradition is Born!
What a beautiful, mild fall we all enjoyed on the Olympic Peninsula this year! We even had a bonus crop of apples from the trees on several of the Cottages properties and so decided we had to take advantage of all this bounty! Gathering family and friends we spent several days picking the apples and then pressing them! A blue-sky day on Dungeness Bay was perfect for our project! Sequim, being in the rain shadow sure comes in handy when you want an outdoor project completed!
Over 35 gallons of cider was made!!!
Next year we plan to invite all of our guests to join in the fun on specific days we will set aside! Mark your calendars now for late October and early November!
- Blog at Juan de Fuca Cottages
- Crabbing Season Starts!
- A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
- Practice Being Present - A Retreat
- Hurricane Ridge
- Late Summer Warm Weather
- Kayak Trip for Whole Family
- Spring Newborns
- Life-size Gingerbread Houses!
- Trumpeter Swans Return!
- Bicycling Around Sequim
- Winter Playday at Hurricane Ridge
- Summer Fun in the Sun on the Beach
- Farm Day and Barn Dance
- Signs of Fall